Chesney Rae Mecham
Born June 1st @ 4:51 AM
6 lbs 6 oz & 18 inches long
So perfect!!
{Meeting Mom}
{Meeting Dad}
Well we kinda had one of those stressful births, but everything turned out great {obviously!} I won't bore you with all the detals {& all the TMI}, but pretty much my water broke the morning of the 31st, but I wasn't in labor. I went to the hospital and they induced me to get things going. Things were going slow, but good until about midnight and baby started to look stressed out. They did a bunch of stuff to try to calm her down, but it wasn't really working & the doctor didn't think she would tolerate 6 or 7 more hours of labor so we had a C-section. Thank goodness we did, cus the little punk had wrapped the cord around her neck 3 times, so we definitely weren't gonna come out the normal way:) It went great and she was fine! It makes me so greatful for modern medicine, hospitals and great doctors & nurses:)
We are adjusting well to parenthood {I think!} She makes it pretty easy...I'm almost afraid to type this cus it might jinks me, but she sleeps 5 or 6 hours at a time at night so we aren't zombies. She still isn't so sure about bath time, but it is getting bettter now that she can have real baths. She likes noise and looking at lights & out the window. She is getting more alert everyday, and nap time is getting shorter and shorter. Bode is enjoying being a Dad & is so great to help out with everything! The schnauzers want to help with everything too...they are definitely still adjusting to her, but its getting better.
We love her and think that we want to keep her:)

5 comments:
Congrats you guys! She is adorable!
k she is seriously perfect! she's so stinkin cute tar!! congrats to you and bode...i'm glad everything turned out ok! such a cute little family!
I'm glad that everything turned out okay for you guys and that she was able to make it here safely:) You guys are lucky that she sleeps for so many hours at a time, I hope our next one will do the same for us! Can't wait to finally get to meet her:)
Ah she is so beautiful!!! So excited for you guys! LOVE her name :)
taryn!!! She is so adorable! Seriously! Great genes you two!!! Hope your doing good!
Post a Comment