Sunday, January 6, 2013

19 Months & Holidays

Happy New Year! 
We had a wonderful holiday break & are sad to see it end...Bode & I both had time off of work so it was so nice just to hang out and enjoy the time we had together. 
I will give you a little recap of the holidays....
We went to Richfield the weekend before Christmas to see all the fam...Everyone was there which is rare these days so it was a blast to just hang out & let all the little kids go crazy! I am a horrible picture taker...so the only pic I have of the weekend is us sledding...Chesney, Eli, & Eliana had a blast:-) 

{Chesney & Me}
{Grandma, Eliana & Chesney}
We stopped in Tropic on our way back to Cedar & spent the afternoon so Chesney could get some snuggle time in with Grandpa Stan.
We spent Christmas at home...which is nice, but at the same time I would love to get all the siblings together just once so we can watch all the kiddos on Christmas morning;-) {hint, hint}
Santa definitely found Chesney....his elves were pretty tired after putting that little kitchen together...I luckily was a supervisor...My mom & Ray came and spent Christmas Eve & morning with us.


Chesney wasn't that big into Christmas...she did better opening presents last year....this year she came out looked at her kitchen & hugged her dog...then we opened her stocking which had the Brave dvd in it & she was done...all she wanted to do was watch the movie ha ha....so I pretty much finished opening her presents:-/ We just relaxed the rest of the day & just played & watched movies.
{The dogs had a good christmas...a new dog bed & raw hides}

      
{Chesney looking all cute in her box}             

We did our traditional Jazz game with friends... {Jimmy & Chelo, Hailey & Jeff, Krachelle & Kyle, and Brittani & Lance were all able to come this year} We had a great time, but alway need more time to visit!! Chesney did pretty good for her first Jazz game...she made it about half the game & then we went out and played on the lifetime equipment...thank goodness there  is pretty much a park there to play at ha ha...While we were up there we said goodbye to the corolla & got a sportage.

 So far we really like it & enjoy having a bit more room:-)

{Chesney looking super cute right before we left to go to Mesquite to see my Dad & Sherry}

We had a last minute New Year's get together with Jeremy & Hollie...somehow I managed to not get Hollie in one pic....We had pizza & played games...we were all pretty ready for midnight to come so we could go to bed ha ha....we must be getting old.

{Chesney starting her resolutions ha ha}

{Riding her super cute rocking cat}

Bode was her sled dog & pulled her around the backyard...until she fell off & landed face first in the snow...she was way done after that!

We also have enjoyed watching the seasons of Prison Break during our time off...but now I am really afraid of prison ha ha.
Chesney is just getting bigger & busier!!
She has started singing...singing jibberish...but it has a little melody to it.
She expects you to hold a conversation with her even thought you have no clue what she is saying.
She has started to connect more words with things...
Like the lights, bananas "nanas", bubbles, she says"nigh, nigh" when we lay her down. 
She loves to bring us our shoes & follows directions pretty good:-)
We are officially binkie free....Sad;-( I miss it so much...so does she. 
It is harder to put her down for naps & bed without it, but she only fusses for 10-15 minutes before she gives up & goes to sleep...I know it is good to get rid of it, but love that she was a binkie baby. 
It's really sad, because I feel like she is no longer a baby at all...she always preferred the soothes, so she always had that big binkie taking up half her face....it just reminded me of when she was so little:-(
She is going through kind of a mean phase right now...she hits you if you aren't doing what she wants you to do....makes me sad:-(
If she wants me in a different room she will push & pull me till I come with her:-) She definitely wants an audience for all her activities. 
She loves to jump on the couch & dance.
She has been a pretty big eater lately.
This girl wants to drink our soda all the time!! What a stinker! If we don't set them up high she is all over it & throws the biggest when we take it away.
We have so much fun playing with her & chasing her around the house...she is getting to be a fast little babe & has the cutest little walk when she is excited to see you! 
We are excited to see how much fun we will have in 2013!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I know I say it all the time, but I SERIOUSLY love all of her stylish 60's housewife clothes. I remember when Karston started needing constant attention when he played with his toys...it's a TOUGH stage! Your new car looks super cute. You are on your way to becoming a "volvo driving soccer mom!"

Kate said...

I love how sassy Chesney is. It looks like she had a great Christmas! I wish I could be a "volvo driving soccer mom," but I just get to hide my face in huge sunglasses of shame as I cart the kids around in the van.