I read this blog today & it made me just want to cherish every little moment I have with my baby girl & I pray that I will keep smiling even when she is rotten:) http://aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com/2011/08/perpective.html
My step-mom has mentioned many times that she wishes that she wouldn't of put so much pressure on herself when she was a young mom. She said that she just thought she had to have the house spotless, everyone clean & ready...she wishes she would of had more pajama days with her kids and just enjoyed playing together more.
My friend had this saying on her blog & I thought it was cute....(I hope I can be a mom like this)
"Some homes hide the fact that children shelter there. Ours boasts of it quite openly, the signs are everywhere! For smears are on the windows, little smudges on the door. I should apologize, I guess, for toys strewn on the floor. But I sat down with the children and we played and laughed and read; and if the doorbell doesnt shine their eyes will shine instead. For when im forced to choose the one job or the other, I want to be a homemaker--but first I'll be a mother."
I tell Bode that I'm sorry the house isn't clean & the laundry didn't get done, but the baby just wanted to be held all day:) I hope I will continue to have those days with her when I just hold her...too soon it will be chasing her around, playing dress up, going swimming & to the park:)
I really want to enjoy every moment with my little sweetheart:)
**Sorry all I think I'm being a little sentimental...going back to work this week I think is getting to me **

3 comments:
Why must you always leamote to the saddest blogs?! I miss you taryn! Well good luck this Week! Its hard goin back the first few times!
That was supposed to say "lead me"
Ahh...so sweet! I commission you to write something similar every couple of months to remind me how much fun it is to be a mom......
(clarify: I do have fun being a mom, but sometimes I forget to stop and consciously remember and show gratitude for getting to be a mom)
Post a Comment