Saturday, June 9, 2012

Happy Birthday!!

Happy 1st Birthday Chesney!! 

{This was her birthday announcement}


We first celebrated in Tropic a couple weekends before her birthday...We had cake & ice cream & presents:) Thanks to all the family that came it was fun to celebrate with everyone... of course she got spoiled! {And thanks Tad for taking all these cute pictures!}

The week of her birthday was a sad one...my Grandma Littlefield past away, which is very bitter sweet....we are so glad she is with everyone in heaven now, but we will miss her! Her funeral was on Chesney's birthday so we spent the day with family @ the funeral, but before we went we had her open her big present from us...it is a play door thing that she totally loves:) 



 The day after her birthday we had a combined party with cousin Eli to celebrate their big birthday! They are only two days apart so it was so fun to party together! We went to the aquatic center and swam...she totally loved it and swam for like two hours! I think everyone else had fun too! It is a super fun pool, even if they don't allow floaties:) 
We then went to the baseball field next door to the pool and had some lunch & opened presents. They both got so spoiled! Thanks to everyone that came it was such a fun day! 


Well I hate to say it but this next picture pretty much is how our month has gone:( We had almost made it a whole year, but my babe has finally gotten sick....& stayed sick:( The day after the first party in Tropic...she got her first cold...she had that about a week & we thought she was getting better & the Sunday night before Memorial Day she was up all night long & we noticed her pulling at her ears...so I had to wait till Tuesday to take her to the doctor. I had been giving her tylenol & she slept great that Monday night, but I still called & made her an appointment Tuesday morning...she was so cute at the doctor's office & they seriously were looking at me like I was an idiot, because my baby did not seem sick at all. When he checked her out she had a double ear infection:( So we got some medicine & kept her on tylenol. On her birthday she woke up acting fine, but when we went to the funeral she was not feeling very good:( She wasn't very friendly either! The day of her party she did ok & seemed to enjoy the day...it didn't seem like the ear infection was clearing up very quickly. On Monday she woke up and I could tell she was not feeling good at all...I was going to call and make her another appointment, but she had one on Wednesday for her one year old check up so I figured I would just wait it out...well that reason why she didn't feel good on Monday I found was that she had the stomach flu:( Poor baby!! I was mean mom & make her wear a bib all day & have a towel for a blanket...that was after she threw up all over her, me, the couch, the carpet, & her blanket! She also got a terrible diaper rash & it just barely cleared up today! So sad:( Bode took her to the appointment on Wednesday & she still has her double ear infection so they put her on a different medicine...but so far it hasn't seemed to clear it up...she still isn't very friendly & pulls at her ears:( Poor thing, but we will go back next week so hopefully by then it has done its job and I will have my happy girl back! 


My friend Anne was in town & was able to take some picture for us & these are just a few of our favorites!






 Here is a little bit about my 1 year old:
Weight: 19 lbs
Height: 29 inches
  • She is drinking regular milk now, though we do mix it with formula, we are almost out of formula then we will just be on straight milk.
  • We are working on eating 3 meals a day, I just don't feel like I really know what to feed her... I know it is suppose to be what we eat, but I don't feel like we eat very good, so most of the time she still eats baby food/ fruit/yogurt/waffles/quesadillas/potatoes/oatmeal/spagetti o's, but I haven't bought any baby food this last trip to the store so I am forcing myself to start thinking about better food for us to eat. If anyone has suggestions feel free to pass them along:) 
  • She has 5 teeth....3 on top...2 on the bottom...she has another one trying to cut through on the top right now.
  • She only uses sippy cups now; taking the bottle away didn't even phase her...now the binkie on the other hand is going to be tough...for me & her...we are trying to use it only at nap time & at night...when she is all better I will try to start getting rid of it all together:(
  • Her favorite snacks are graham crackers & she likes apple juice {it is pretty watered down so I don't really know why she likes it ha ha}
  • She also loves to share food with the doggies & they know it:)
  • She still crawls {more normal these days}, furniture walks, likes to walk and hold our hands, she will stand for a few seconds by herself. I don't think she will walk anytime soon, but I can see such an improvement in her balance. 
  • She loves doors & cupboards, but we have baby proofed most of the cupboards, so her first choice is to go play with any door we leave open. She is a terror when she gets in the pantry...she loves to pull everything off the bottom shelves! 
  • This is so weird, but she sleep crawls...we will hear her crying & go to check on her and she is crawling into the side of her crib & we flip her over & she is sound asleep! {I read on the internet that babies practice developmental landmarks in their sleep so I guess she is just getting extra practice}
  • She loves mickey mouse clubhouse...she will seriously watch a whole episode without getting distracted... & loves the hotdog song at the end:) 
  • She mimicks words that we say...says momma & dadada a lot...I swear she has word for the dogs it sounds a lot like dah, but she says it a lot when we look at them out the window. 
  • She loves to play peekaboo!!
  • Hasn't had as many injuries this month thanks goodness...that forehead was looking pretty rough for a while! 
  • She know what "No" is & cries when we tell her no...she also can throw a little fit, but it lasts a total of like 10 seconds.
  • We seriously can't believe she is a year old. We have had the best year watching her learn & grow. We can't imagine our lives without her & are so grateful she came to us:) We are totally wrapped around her finger & she knows it!!

No comments: